This unusual date definitely has its influence on the character of the people born on this particular day. February 29 comes every four years, so everyone born on this day has to wait for four years to finally celebrate their birthday. This, of course, doesn’t mean they can’t celebrate it any day of the year they want.
People born on February 29th are born under the constellation of Pisces and are very imaginative and sensitive people. In today’s article we are going to find out more about their character and see what differs them from the rest of the people and what is so specific for their sign. We are going to see which career options are best for the people born on the February 29th and what makes them so different when it comes to love and romance.
Characteristics and Personality
People who are born on February 29 are born under the constellation of Pisces. They are active people with a desire to always know more and to explore things. They are very quick in learning things and are great students. Their desire to educate themselves doesn’t only relate to school, because they love learning wherever they might be. No matter which career they end up choosing, they will always bring something new and exciting to the game, something no one is able to do.
Another thing they love doing is travelling. This is one of their passions and without it they cannot function. They love being close to oceans, rivers and seaside in general. This fills their hearts with warmth and gives them the will to do better and to be even more creative.
Positive traits of people born under this sign and on this day are their charitable nature and altruistic character. They are always more worried about others than they are about themselves, which can be problematic if they have many problems of their own. Another great characteristic is their adventurous spirit and avant-garde nature that allows them to always stand out and leave a personal stamp on everything they do.
Sometimes they can be utopian and believe that the world is one good place and that everyone deserves to be loved and taken care of. These people are usually sincere and will tell everything as it is.
Negative traits of people born on February 29 are their indecisive nature and moodiness. This is something that drives those around them insane, since they can’t decide whether they are happy or sad. This constant mood swings are normal for them and they quite enjoy every aspect of the positive mood as well as every aspect of the sadness they feel. Because they believe that the world is an utopian place, finding out that this is not true can cause them great pain.
They can also get caught in their own feelings which can distract them from the things that have to be done. They are often times pessimistic about life in general and quickly lose confidence just when they need to be taking action.
People who are born on February 29 are very emotional and enjoy being in relationships. These people are highly versatile and they approach every relationship with an enthusiasm. Dating is perfectly fine for them but tying the knot is a whole different thing. They don’t like being too committed to one person and they might flee if they notice that things are getting too serious. Marriage is not their ultimate goal in life and they love meeting new people their entire life. Mysterious people attract their attention, while the ones who are all about boundaries are far from their interest.
When they fall deeply in love they can be quite deluded and their mind will be fixated only on this person. They have good intuition which helps those separate good from bad people and save them from difficult situations.
Sometimes they tend to be jealous and demanding when it comes to love. This is only because they give 100% of themselves to the other person so they expect the same in return. They are gentle and loving people who often go into the land of dreams and forget to come back to earth and face their problems. They best get along with people born under the Zodiac sign of cancer and Scorpio, since these two signs completely understand their deep emotions.
They can also form a rat relationship with a Taurus because Taurus is going to offer protection and attention to the gentle Pisces. In his or her arms, Pisces is going to feel protected and loved, but also grounded since this is something they desperately need in their lives. They best get along with people born on 9th, 11th, 2nd, 27th, 29th, 18th, 14th, 23rd and 5th.
Purpose and Career
When it comes to work and career, they need a job where they are going to feel free and without any boundaries. Careers that offer them creativity are the best ones for them, even freelancing jobs where they can do their work quietly and from home without anyone bothering them. No matter which career they end up choosing, they will always bring something new and exciting to the game, something no one is able to do. Another thing they love doing is travelling. This is one of their passions and without it they cannot function. They love being close to oceans, rivers and seaside in general.
They are also very intuitive beings, and altruistic, so any job that allows them to talk to people and share emotions with them is a jackpot. They enjoy working as social workers, as psychologists and nurses. These jobs allow them to meet new people, help them deal with their emotions and overcome difficult moments in life. They are excellent listeners so every job that allows them to do that is made for them.
Symbols, Lucky Number and Colors
People who are born on February 29 all have several things in common. Every person has its own lucky number, color, day or even flower. These symbols are what define a person born on a specific day so you can always gift them as gifts to this person to make their day even special. Their birthstones are Amethyst and Aquamarine. These stones are symbols of fertility and protection, but also spirituality.
Their lucky colors are turquoise, which is the main symbolic color for everyone born on the February 29. Their metals are Aluminum, which represents creativity, and Zinc. Their lucky flowers are the Water Lily, which is a symbol of expectation and Jonquils. Lucky numbers for everyone born on February 29 are 6, 5, 14, 18 and 22. Their lucky day is Thursday and their motto is “I believe”.
Historical Events on February 29
Many historic events happened on February 29, even though this day happens every four years. These events marked the course of history and shaped the reality as we know it today. We are only going to list some important events, and they are:
- Sweden’s Queen Ulrich abdicated in favor of his wife, Prince Frederick I.
- Italian composer Giacomino Antonio Rosini was born, who musical enriched the traditional Italian comic opera and significantly influenced several generations of composers including Belini and Verdi. He wrote 39 operas, of which the most famous are “Seville Barber”, “William Tel” and “Othello”.
- Napoleon, in a visit to Spain he won in a month, entered Barcelona.
- The United States and Britain signed a contract for fishing for foxes in the Bering Sea, which established quotas for contracting parties.
- The order of the German supreme command in the First World War on the sinking of all armed merchant ships of countries with which Germany was at war came into force.
- The new Social Democratic government of Czechoslovakia adopted a new constitution, replacing the interim constitution adopted on November 13, 1918 by which the Czechoslovak state was constituted by the break-up of Austria-Hungary after the First World War.
- French actress Simon Russell was born, known as Michel Morgan, who was celebrated in roles in the films “Coast in the Fog”, “Pastoral Symphony”, “and Great Maneuvers”.
- In 1944, US troops invaded the Admiral Islands in the Pacific Ocean to the northeast of New Guinea under the Japanese occupation of the Second World War. The occupation of these islands was strategically important for the Allied forces in overturning the Philippines.
- 1956 Pakistan was declared an Islamic Republic.
- 1960 In the powerful earthquake that hit the Moroccan city of Agadir, about 12,000 people were killed and the city was almost completely demolished.
- Iran announced that it bombed Iraq’s second largest city, Basra, and Iraq had destroyed 50 Iranian ships in the wars of two neighboring countries.
- In the worst accident in the history of the Peruvian civil aviation, all 117 passengers and six crew members of the Boeing 737 were killed on a flight from Lima to the city of Arequipa, which crashed in Andes, about 900 kilometers south of Lima.
- – The combined forces of the French and American natives destroyed Deerfield, Massachusetts during Queen Anne’s War.
- 1720 – Sweden’s Queen Ulrika abdicated in favor of his wife, Prince Frederick I.
- 1808 – Napoleon Bonaparte, in a drive to Spain, which he won a month earlier, entered Barcelona.
- 1892 – The United States and Britain signed a contract for hunting for hooks in the Bering Sea, which set quotas for contracting parties.
- 1916 – The command of the German supreme commander in the First World War on the sinking of all armed merchant ships of countries with which Germany was at war came into force.
- 1940 – Hattie McDaniel became the first black woman to win the Oscar Film Award for a supporting female role in the film “Sparkle with the Wind”.
- 1944 – Five leaders of the Indonesian Communist Party were sentenced to death.
Famous People Born on February 29
You are probably asking yourself the same question many people ask themselves, and that is when people born on February 29 celebrate their birthday. This is an answer that is individual for very person; since they can basically choose any date they want in the year as their birthdate. Many famous people were born on this unusual date, and some of them are:
- 1956 Aileen Wournos (serial killer)
- 1892 Augusta Savage (Social rights activist)
- 1970 James B. Donovan (Lawyer)
- 1972 Antonio Sabato Jr. (actor)
- 1960 Tony Robbins (Motivational speaker)
- 1976 Ja Rule (Rapper, actor)
- 1944 Dennis Farina (Actor)
- 1904 Jimmy Dorsey (Saxophonist)
- 1736 Ann Lee (Founder of the Shakers)
- 1840 John Philip Holland (Irish engineer)